Learn about E-Scooter!
See below pilot requirements*
- Ride Alone
- Keep a reasonable speed and always stay under the legal speed limit
- Look ahead and keep your eyes on the road
- Keep both hands on the handlebar at all times!
- Always wear a helmet when riding
- Use lights and use a bell or audible warning device; be seen and heard
- Always slow down before a turn.
- Tune up your E-Scooter often.
- Never ride a malfunctioning Scooter.
- Be aware of pedestrians, cyclists and others
- Always maintain a safe distance while riding
- Ride only where you are allowed to, and never on the sidewalk.
E-Scooter maintenance tips
See our post on maintenance here.
- Inflate your tires often to the recommended pressure :
- Less flat tires
- More Range
- Safer Rides
- Tighten all the bolts or give us your E-Scooter for a Tune up every 500km or two months
- Save on the long run
- Better riding Experience
- Safer rides
- Avoid moisture at all costs. Extended use in the rain is not recommended. Always dry off your E-Scooter after a wet ride.
- Check for strange sounds and play where there shouldn’t be. If you can identify the issue, address it before going for a ride or take it to a service provider to have it addressed.
- Make sure your brakes are working well. It is recommended that you have our brakes inspected for brake pad wear and possible replacement every 1,000km of riding.
An E-Scooter is composed of the following components:
- Display / Speedometer
- Suspension (some models)
- Select your speed mode according to your desired level of effort and speed.
- E-Scooters are fast, so please respect other slower riders around.
- Always push on startups to avoid too much stress to the electrical component and motor.
- Un-tuned E-Scooters wear down faster
- Store it at 50-70% charge in a cool dry place.
- Don’t expose batteries to extreme heat or cold.
- Charge in between 20% to 80%, don’t discharge under 20%. Do not charge if your battery is at or above 80% charged.
- An E-Scooter Battery will last between 3 to 6 years depending on usage or 500 charge cycles.
- Avoid leaving your battery charging overnight. Make sure to disconnect the charger from the battery and the wiring after loading it with electricity.
Power / Range / Volt.
Volt X Ah = Wh.
Ex : 36Vx15Ah= 540Wh.
1 miles every 20Wh (1.6km).
This battery will give an average range of 27 miles / 44km.
E-scooters allowed under the pilot must have:
- a maximum speed of 24 km/h on a level surface
- a maximum weight of 45 kg
- a maximum power output of 500 watts
- two wheels and brakes
- a horn or bell
- at least one white light on front, one red light on rear and reflective material on sides
- a maximum wheel diameter of 17 inches
E-scooters must not have:
- a seat
- a basket
To operate an e-scooter under the terms of the pilot you must:
- be at least 16 years old
- stand at all times while riding
- wear a bicycle helmet if under 18 years old
You are not permitted to:
- carry passengers
- carry cargo
- operate an e-scooter on controlled access highways (for example, 400-series highways, QEW, etc.)
Similar to bicycles, all Highway Traffic Act rules of the road apply when riding e-scooters. Penalties will also apply to violations of the pilot regulation (fine of $250 to $2,500).
e-scooter, maintenance, safety